Job Description and Application
Purpose of Post
1. To ensure a high standard is maintained in the nursery
2. To give support to other personnel within the nursery
3. Responsible for supporting the nursery to care for children aged from Babies to pre-school
- Occasionally supporting and communicating with the other Little Pumpkins branches
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues, nursery staff, parents and children and outside agencies
- To attend any training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of and adhere to all the nursery’s operational policies and procedures e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the nursery etc.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Nursery Manager in accordance with the nursery’s operational business plans
- To promote a fun, high quality environment for the children aged from babies to pre-school.
- Ensure that at all times the Welfare and Learning development requirements are met.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health and safety throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management
Person Specification Essential Criteria
- Ability to communicate effectively face to face, in writing, by telephone and by email
- Childcare experience
- Comfortable with ICT and use of technology
- Commitment to team work
- Awareness and a commitment to safeguard all children and adults
- Have an interest in Early Years childcare and experience of a nursery setting
- Able to show initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Hold a level of pride in themselves and their work
- Be able to work from their own initiative
- Be reliable and friendly